Department: School of Business
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Provide instruction for Accounting students in all levels of Accounting including Principles of Accounting I and II, Intermediate, Advanced, Income Tax, Auditing, and Cost.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Doctorate or master’s degree in the teaching discipline or master’s degree with a concentration in Accounting (minimum of 18 graduate semester hours).
1. Grade and counsel students.
2. Keep class records and submit grade reports.
3. Attend faculty and other required meetings.
4. Serve on committees of the University upon election or appointment.
5. Supervise student extracurricular activities.
6. Attend academic convocation, baccalaureate and commencement ceremonies.
7. Perform such administrative or other duties as may be specifically designated in annual or special contracts.
8. Participate or provide leadership in community service activities.
9. Perform such additional duties as are necessary to facilitate the total program of the University as may be assigned by the appropriate department head or the Dean.
1. Working environment is a normal business office setting.
2. Demands normal manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity.
3. Must be mobile throughout the campus.
4. Typically, the incumbent may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or carrying of light items.
5. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.