ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR-Lincoln University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
$32,000-37,000 per year.
The Admissions Counselor will be responsible for representing the University to prospective students, parents, high school guidance counselors, two-year colleges, and visitors from the community by providing counseling services on university admissions. Additional responsibilities include visiting schools, attending college fairs, representing the University at events and functions, interviewing and counseling students, meeting with school counselors and parents, event planning, tele-counseling, creating travel schedules and recruitment plans, territory management and analysis, application review, and all other duties relating to student recruitment and counseling. The position involves extensive travel and often requires late nights and weekends in addition to heavy customer services and public speaking.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year admissions or related experience.
- Must communicate effectively with people from varied social, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Must possess strong organization, planning and time management skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize based on departmental functionality.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have a high level of professional appearance and demeanor. Must possess a valid driver’s license and car to be used for travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends day / night college fairs sponsored by local and national agencies in assigned geographical areas.
- Conducts area receptions for accepted students and school counselors in assigned areas.
- Coordinates electronic correspondences to prospective and accepted students.
- Evaluates credentials for Admissions, by administering the policies and procedures for student admissions, including, evaluation of transcripts, test scores, recommendations, etc.
- Assists with coordinating telemarketing campaigns to inquire about the status of students.
- Assists with contacting alumni around the country to participate in alumni recruitment. Assists with organizing receptions in top market areas (i.e., PA, DE, Southern NJ, etc.). Monitors student-athletes in academics, athletics, and personal matters.
- Visits secondary schools and other educational institutions as appropriate to meet with prospective students, guidance counselors, community agencies, teachers, administrators, and related organizations.
- All other duties as assigned.