Admissions and Recruitment
Must possess a bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred). Excellent public relation skills are required, including the ability to make oral presentations. Must be willing to travel frequently, including evenings, overnight and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license, an excellent driving record, required automobile liability insurance, and reliable transportation (as needed). Proficient computer skills (MS Access, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred), excellent oral and written communication skills, a working knowledge of MS Word Mail Merge, and the demonstrated ability to be a team player are also required. Knowledge of the Banner Student System preferred.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Execute a transfer recruitment plan to support the University’s transfer student enrollment goals
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a transfer student information web page on the University website
- In conjunction with the Lead Transfer Analyst, maintain any updates regarding transfer articulation agreements
- Maintain accurate data in the Banner system on transfer students for compliance and reporting purposes
- Recruit students at community colleges, and various other college recruiting functions, providing prospective students with admission criteria and other pertinent information for enrollment
- Coordinate recruiting efforts, in conjunction with alumni and other volunteer recruiters, at community colleges, churches, and other locations
- Supervise telecounseling efforts during peak call-back periods
- Supervise data entry of prospect information to insure prompt follow-up
- Assists with implementation of office-sponsored recruiting events
- Utilize the communication plan processing in the Banner system, conduct timely and frequent follow-up with prospective students to ensure receipt of pertinent admission and other enrollment documents
- Provide training to volunteer and alumni recruiters
- Send recruiting packages to prospective students upon request
- Collect, review, evaluate and process admission applications in accordance with university policies
- Counsel prospective students/parents concerning admissions, scholarships, and residential life
- Assist in compiling data that supports the GRAD Act
Salary is competitive with excellent benefits package.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.