Director of Clinical Education–LANGSTON UNIVERSITY (Langston, Oklahoma)
Position Description: The Director of Clinical Education (DCE) for the Doctor of Physical Therapy program (DPT) at Langston University is a full time faculty member with administrative responsibilities for the clinical education program in the School of Physical Therapy as directed by the Dean. The DCE is a licensed physical therapist with an earned doctorate degree and experience as a clinical instructor in physical therapy.
Qualifications of the Dean: To qualify for the position of DCE in the School of Physical Therapy, the prospective candidate must:
- Be a licensed physical therapist eligible for licensure in the state of Oklahoma;
- Have an earned doctorate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning;
- Have a minimum of four years clinical experience;
- Have a minimum of three years of experience as a clinical instructor; and
- Have APTA certification as a clinical instructor
Position Responsibilities: The DCE for the DPT program has the responsibility for:
- The clinical education component of the DPT curriculum.
- Development and management of the clinical education courses and clinical education seminar courses.
- Teaching in the DPT program a minimum of 2 courses per semester.
- Assessment of students, programmatic assessment, assessment of clinical education facilities and faculty, outcomes assessment, and curriculum assessment.
- Adhere to the standards for accreditation set by the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapist education.
- Comply with the requirements of the APTA Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapist Education.
- Recruit clinical faculty for the DPT program.
- Fulfill the role of assistant professor in teaching, service and scholarship.
Rank and Salary: Assistant/associate professor on a tenure track and salary commensurate with experience.
Successful candidate must provide documentation of identity and eligibility for employment, as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualification and experience.
TO APPLY: Send letter of application, current resume, official transcript(s), three current letters of recommendation, and an official Langston University Application. (The application can be downloaded at www.langston.edu) Please send all documents to:
Human Resources Office
Post Office Box 1205
Langston, Oklahoma 73050