Director of Student Financial Services—UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF (Pine Bluff, Arkansas)
Job Summary: The Director is responsible for leadership of the University’s office of student financial services (financial aid and student accounts), including oversight of staff development, operational and strategic planning, financial aid packaging, compliance, integrity of student accounts, collection activities and payment plans, funds management and stewardship, and the delivery of outstanding financial services for students and families.
1. Leads the office of student financial services as a department that is proactive in working with families to plan for the use of financial aid programs, payment plans and other financial products to finance a UAPB education ensuring optimal customer service is provided to students and families.
2. Oversees the determination of aid eligibility and the packaging and disbursement of student financial aid in accordance with guidelines and regulations provided by the University, federal and state governments, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and other private funding agencies.
3. Develops and implements department policies and procedures.
4. Responsible for staff development including hiring, training, managing, and evaluation.
5. Reviews and approves timely reconciliation reports for all financial aid programs.
6. Ensures timely completion of all required reports as well as development and submission of regular operational reports to supervisor.
7. Coordinates and refines automated systems and Web sites used to serve families and manage funds, stewardship, compliance, packaging, disbursement and reporting.
8. Creates an environment that promotes early and regular interaction with students and families about financial aid and the timely resolution of student accounts.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
MIMIMUM REQUIRMENTS: Bachelor’s degree supplemented with five years of experience working in student financial services, demonstrated ability to work with administrative software programs (preference for experience with Datatel) with strong organizational and communication skills.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit application and resume with name, address and telephone number of three references to:
Human Resources Department
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
1200 N. University Drive
Mail Slot #4941
Pine Bluff, Arkansas at Pine Bluff
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Applications accepted Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Applications may be picked up from UAPB Human Resources Office, Room 312 Administration Building or may be accessed at http://www.uapb.edu