ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT: SPELMAN COLLEGE, ATLANTA, GA
Spelman College has an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to become an Administrative Assistant in the Office of Career Planning and Development. This position will provide administrative and clerical duties for department and/or assigned supervisor(s). This position also serves all stakeholders (students, faculty, staff, parents, employers, alumnae, graduate/professional schools, etc.) who play a vital role in transitioning our students into a graduate/professional school opportunity or full-time job after graduation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Serve as the first point of contact for the office;
- Schedule students as well as external appointments for Director, Assistant Director, Career Counselor and Graduate Studies Preparation Coordinator;
- Welcome students, faculty, staff and visitors, answer general inquiries, and answer and direct telephone calls;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for staff with college travel agent, as needed;
- Prepare purchase requisitions and check requests;
- Coordinate mail and express shipping receipt and delivery, including collecting and distributing department mail on a daily and timely basis;
- Coordinate work schedules and assignments for work study and/or general college students;
- Arrange departmental meetings and luncheons (i.e. prepare agendas, reserves facilities);
- Carry out clerical duties such as copying, typing forms/envelopes, and mailings;
- Facilitate Student sign-ups for department programs and events;
- Assist in the development, posting, and distribution of appropriate flyers for the office;
- Record and distribute minutes from departmental meetings;
- Work with Banner system to maintain departmental and grant budgets;
- Monitor the status of the department facilities (classrooms, laboratories, office area) and make arrangements for needed repairs(e.g., notify Facilities Management if something is not functioning properly;
- May assist in the preparation, submission, and follow-up of proposals and budgets (word processing, signatures, walk-through).
Our ideal candidate profile will include:
High School diploma and three years of related work experience are required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-traffic, fast-paced working environment with high call volume. Professional demeanor with the ability to interface with internal and external customers with diplomacy and tact is essential.
Requires excellent oral communication skills when presenting information and responding to questions from students, parents, employees and the general public in one-on-one or group situations. Incumbent must be able to write business correspondence and procedure manuals plus compose memos, letters, and emails. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Good proofreading skills are essential.
This position requires basic level skills in specific Microsoft Office applications and may require intermediate or advanced levels in one or more applications. In addition to producing correspondence, duties may involve assignments that require creating spreadsheets using formulas, tables, creating newsletters, and the use of Lotus Notes and Banner Financial Module. Requires the ability to type 35 wpm.
TO APPLY: http://tinyurl.com/bnkjtj8