DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL AID, BETHUNE-COOKMAN UNIVERSITY, DAYTONA BEACH, FL
JOB SUMMARY: To direct the operation of the university’s financial assistance program, including managing staff, keeping proper records, monitoring the administration of the program to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and university policies; and giving assistance to students applying for financial aid.
- Directs all aspects of the financial aid program, including merit-based scholarships, need-based grants, student loans, and the work study opportunities in compliance with federal and state laws and in accordance with university policies.
- Develops and implements a plan for the awarding and distribution of funds to eligible students in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain excellent customer service to students and to internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for facilitating the resolution of student customer service complaint and/or concerns.
- Develop office policy and procedures manual to ensure compliance with federal Title IV regulations.
- Coordinate with Fiscal Affairs to ensure proper cash management procedures, including timely disbursement of funds.
- Ensure all financial aid and verification documents are received and properly processed.
- Provide and prepare information for required federal, state and accrediting agency reviews and reports, ensuring timely documentation for regulatory audits.
- Provides information to students, parents, and the general public about the financial assistance program.
- Supervises quality of information provided to students and evaluates the level of assistance given to students seeking aid and the appropriateness of that aid based on available financial information.
- Supervises record-keeping of students’ academic status to ensure continued eligibility for aid and the processing of any probation or terminations that may become necessary.
- Is responsible for the accurate accounting of all funds disbursed by the program and prepares regular reports for the university president and the board of trustees.
- Manage, hire, train, supervise and evaluates financial aid department staff to develop an enthusiastic and highly competent professional performance levels.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Federal, State and Institutional funding.
- Responsible for timely federal, state and institutional reporting.
- Develop procedures to enhance collaboration with Admissions, Registrar and Academic Affairs to promote effective enrollment management within the University.
- Manage office budget and resource allocation.
- Supervise the student information system and ensure data within system.
- Attends seminars and conferences; reads professional publications; maintains and excellent level of knowledge about financial assistance programs and the laws governing those programs.
|Online App. Form:||http://www4.cookman.edu/humanresources/application.htm|