EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT, MOREHOUSE COLLEGE, ATLANTA, GA
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the College’s President and CEO. Responsibilities will include the following: activities related to Board members and key constituents associated with the College and the greater community; calendar management and scheduling; managing correspondence and records, telephones, travel logistics and other special events and duties as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage President’s calendar and ensure President is informed and updated regarding items on calendar.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- File and Retrieve documents
- Make travel arrangements.
- Manage the Executive department’s budget and complete expense reports.
- Provide additional assistance and support as needed.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for meetings: handle event details, manage attendance, assist with document preparation and distribution, provide additional assistance and support as needed to the President.
- Train and supervise other clerical support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an executive administrative role.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to make decisions and work effectively in a fast-paced setting.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
- Skilled in multi-tasking and organizing resources to accomplish goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people.
- Must have superb communication skills and be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to work under pressure with a broad spectrum of personalities.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in confidential manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and prioritize needs in a variety of situations when standardization may be limited.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Reference No: 020113-EA
Closing Date: March 8, 2013
To Apply: Via e-Mail: please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org