Coordinates financial aid procedures and activities and provides financial aid information.
– Schedules workshops, reviews applications, establishes pay cycles, disburses funds and resolves
disbursement problems, and records awards, disbursements and returns
– Coordinates, verifies and resolves problems regarding the disbursement of scholarships and grants
by verifying student eligibility, establishing pay cycles and reviewing pay-outs
– Reconciles accounting and disbursement schedules
– Provides data for financial aid and donor reports as needed
– Supports the College’s enrollment management efforts by providing financial aid information to
prospective students, their families and their high school counselors
– Serves as liaison between the college and direct loan providers
– Performs related duties as assigned.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Financial Aid Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Financial Aid and is responsible for
advising and providing student financial aid information (federal, state, city, and institutional) to students and their families.
The responsibilities include:
– Provide ongoing comprehensive student financial aid information to students and their families.
– Collect, review, and verify student financial aid information.
– Update and input financial aid information.
– Participate in student financial aid workshops and orientation.
– Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
– Supervise the part-time staff in the Financial Aid Computer Lab.
– Manage the imaging and scanning operations in the Office of Financial Aid.
– Represent the Office of Financial Aid at meetings or events (on and off campus).
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Two years of related work experience preferred.
– A strong customer service orientation, leadership skills, and attention to detail are essential along
with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
– Knowledge of standard software, CUNYFIRST, student database/on-line systems, and federal and
state student financial aid regulations are desirable.
– The ability to work some evenings and weekends required.
Commensurate with qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job
title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Parttime employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits.
Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please log on to: http://www.cuny.edu. Click on “Employment” and scroll down to “Search for
Jobs.” Click on “Search Job Listings” and select job category “Managerial and Professional”.
JOB ID: 7643