Provide general office services as outlined in job description, implement administrative systems, policies and procedures, monitor administrative projects, operate word and statistical processing software, and navigate social media platforms.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and implement policies and procedures related to the Social Work Clinical PhD Activity in the following: Policy and Procedures Handbook, WMYJSSW Policy Manuals, Clark Atlanta University Policy Manuals and Title III Policy Manuals.
- Maintain detailed business and accounting records sufficient to permit the Program Coordinator and/or Title III Office to audit the work provided.
- Develop procedures to systematically evaluate Program processes and outcomes, including the process for monitoring and evaluating the Program goals, as well as using the results of evaluation to improve Program services, and operations.
- Gather blank copies of all Personnel Forms, instructions and due dates, related to the planning and implementation of the Social Work Clinical PhD Program
- Collect completed Personnel Forms from all Program employees and submit to the Program Director for signature no later than the close of the day before the Form is due.
- Maintain a copy of all Forms and submit originals to the appropriate Office on or before the due date.
- Order equipment, supplies, supplemental materials, meetings, and consultant travel, room and board
- Implement inventory tracking and maintenance system for equipment, supplies, supplemental materials, meetings, and consultant travel, room and board
- Provide general office services for Program consultants and manage consultants’ contractual agreements
- Attend Title III Program, School, University, and Community meetings related to the planning and implementation of the Social Work Clinical PhD Program Proposal
- Consult with CAU Library Liaison to compile comprehensive library holdings and/or electronic access and other informational and educational resources necessary for achieving Program mission and goals
- Collaborate with Chairs and members of School Curriculum Committee, School Dean, University Curriculum Committee, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Academic Council and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools as preparation for submission and follow-up of the Social Work Clinical PhD Program Proposal
- Implement system for tracking and reporting the status of the Social Work Clinical PhD Proposal from the School Curriculum Committee through the School Dean, University Curriculum Committee, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Academic Council through SACS
- Provide occasional assistance outside the normal schedule to accommodate and support the office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written skills, strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook with typing skills of at least 55 wpm
- Experience with CMS database like Banner, Raiser’s Edge, etc.
- Experience with social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Tweeter, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of administration, faculty, staff and students
- discreet handling of all confidential information
- Ability to compose correspondence, reports and requests for Program Coordinator and consultants
- Demonstrate self-motivation with the ability to work with little or no supervision, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, provide recommendations and effectively communicate updates to others
- Should be able to work outside the core office hours when needed
Minimum Hiring Standards:
Education B.A or B.S. degree in business administration, marketing, public relations and/or computer sciences
Years of Experience A minimum of three years program assistant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
|Postal Address:||Office of Human Resources
Clark Atlanta University
223 James P. Brawley Dr., SW
Atlanta, GA 30314