Law Enforcement Officer
POSITION NUMBER: 17710 (USPS)
LOCATION: Safety & Parking Services
PAY GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 52/ $34,176.00
DEADLINE DATE: 1/30/2017
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet the requirements for Chapter 943, Florida Statutes. Must have one year of work experience and a valid driver’s license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have.
- Knowledge of law enforcement principles and techniques;
- Knowledge of criminal justice system;
- Knowledge of crime prevention and control procedures;
- Knowledge of arrest procedures;
- Skill in using restraining devices;
- Ability to work in dangerous and stressful situations;
- Ability to understand and effectively apply emergency medical care techniques;
- Ability to determine work priorities, assign work and ensure proper completion of work assignment; and
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
** Salary is based on educational requirements, experience and knowledge, skills and abilities.
Note: An official college transcript, diploma, or other educational documents must be submitted, where applicable, at the time of employment.