|Position Title||Project Coordinator|
|Department||Physics, Atmospheric Sciences and Geoscience|
|Faculty or Staff||Staff|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Desired start date||03/01/2017|
|Position Summary||The Project Coordinator for the Department of Physics, Atmospheric Sciences and Geoscience will partner with faculty in the College of Science, Engineering, and Technology to provide comprehensive support to both undergraduate and graduate students in identifying and applying to scholarship and fellowship funding sources that will support their graduate education.|
|Minimum Required Education||Must have a Master’s degree or higher in Business (preferably in Marketing) Education, Science Education or one of the physical sciences (Chemistry, Physics, or Geoscience).|
|Minimum Required Experience||• Two plus (2+) years of research experience.
• Must be well-versed in research processes with the scientific discipline.
|Minimum Required Licenses and/or Certifications||None|
|Preferred Qualifications||Preferred, Ed.D/PhD with three to five (3-5) years of scientific writing experience.|
|Skills and Abilities||Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and implement a recruiting and development strategy to identify applicants and support them through the application process (ensuring completion of application requirements).
• Organize and coordinate a NSF Graduate Research Fellowship workshop for both faculty and students.
• Help in creating a sustainable comprehensive set of teaching and training resources for intensive scientific writing curriculum.
• Act as a liaison between faculty, staff, students and the public to provide information and resources regarding scholarship activities and programs.
• Foster and maintain ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
|EEO Statement||Jackson State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Background Check Statement||Jackson State University is committed to providing a safe campus. JSU conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include reference checks, criminal history/record check and when appropriate a credit report or driving history report.|