|Institution:||Alabama A&M University|
|Salary:||Negotiable USD Per Year|
Performs and/or oversees a variety of associated administrative, fiscal, staff support, and planning activities, some of which require advanced or specialized knowledge and skills, such as budget administration and control, equipment, facilities, and inventory management, specialized recordkeeping and database management, and/or specified information-gathering projects and tasks. Coordinates and facilitates meetings, program functions, and/or special events, as appropriate. Trains and oversees lower graded staff and/or students. May coordinate specified administrative activities and reporting across multiple organizational units within a department.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for the department or organizational unit; serves as a central point of liaison with other departments and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the unit.
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation.
- Assists in administrative problem solving, program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
- Monitors, reconciles, and assists with fiscal administration for the unit, including but not limited to budgets, funding, grants, contracts, payroll, employment, travel, and/or purchasing; may assist with fiscal planning, including participating in seeking alternate sources of funding.
- Provides and/or oversees support activities for the unit such as answering telephones, assisting and resolving problems and inquiries of visitors, review and control of incoming and outgoing correspondence, and follow-up on operational commitments.
- Provides administrative assistance with faculty and/or staff searches, as appropriate, to include logging employment applications; preparing applicant acknowledgments and interview documents, coordinating interview logistics, and coordinating search documentation.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars; schedules, coordinates and facilitates meetings, facilities usage, events, and/or travel arrangements, as required.
- Establishes, updates, and maintains unit’s files, inventories, and records; implements and maintains data management systems, as required.
- Leads and guides the work of lower level staff, and supervises student employees as appropriate; may participate in hiring decisions and performance appraisal.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including certifications, licenses, etc.):
- Bachelor’s degree in office administration or related area
- At least three (3) years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Records maintenance skills
- Database management skills
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
|Contact:||Office of Human Resources
Alabama A&M University
|Online App. Form:||http://aamu.interviewexchange.com/jobsearchfrm.jsp|