Director, Admissions & Recruitment
This position provides services to the Admissions staff and the Chairs of the Admissions Committees for each School of Meharry Medical College to ensure effective and efficient management of the admissions processes. Assists the Associate Vice President for Student Services & Enrollment Management with student recruitment and ensures compliance with all college and admissions policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provides support and overall leadership and management of the institution’s admissions and recruitment program.
- Assists with preparing, interpretation and implementation of institutional policies, procedures and practices regarding the admission and recruitment process.
- Keeps abreast of recent research and trends and best practices in demography, and enrollment and recruitment of health care institutions.
- Provides direct supervision to the Admissions staff for the Schools of Dentistry, Graduate Studies and Research and Medicine.
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with representatives in each of the three schools, the Office of Financial Aid, Student and Counseling Services, Registrar, Student Financial Services, Office of Information Technology and Alumni Relations.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive recruitment and admissions plan to attract an academically talented and diverse student body.
- Assists with the management of the interview process.
- Ensures that all applicant data submitted to the Admissions Committee for review is accurate and complete.
- Ensures that all documents required are received prior to the student clearing the registration process.
- Assists with the preparation and mailing of admits, denials and waiting list notifications to applicants.
- Ensures that all information sent to students regarding the status of their application is accurate and timely.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with colleges, universities, and organizations.
- Ensures that all records sent to respective schools for review are signed out with appropriate signature of the school representative and upon return checked in by the appropriate Admissions Office official.
- Manages and coordinates all activities for the Office of Admissions and Recruitment for the Banner Student Information System. Ensures that all information and data posted to Banner is accurate and up to date.
- Ensures that all employees within Admissions and Recruitment are efficient with their use of AMCAS, AADSAS, SharePoint, and Banner.
- Ensures that all data for reports required and requested are produced timely, accurately and accessible upon request.
- Ensures confidentiality and proper storage of the application files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of admissions and recruitment policies, procedures, practices and trends.
- Demonstrated record of strong managerial and supervisory skills, leadership qualities, and professional growth.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable about and skilled in the implementation of automated student data systems.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in applying technology for effective delivery of services. Familiarity with automated data environments, knowledge of computer system designs, and software applications and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and ability to generate detailed state, federal and institutional reports.
- Knowledge of federal, state and institutional regulations and guidelines as they apply to admissions and financial aid, and understand, interpret and make recommendations where necessary.
- Ability to interact with diverse constituents
- Dedicated to excellent customer service
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes and ability to assist with development and management of budgets.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of three (3) years relevant professional experience with a documented record of productivity in positions of increasing responsibility required. A Master’s degree is highly preferred. Previous experience with Banner or other student or data information systems and previous supervisory experience within an admissions office or a related field is desired.
Job Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular