ASSISTANT BAND DIRECTOR/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OR INSTRUCTOR OF MUSIC, ALCORN STATE UNIVERSITY, ALCORN STATE, MS
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Assist the Director of Bands with the organization, direction and management of the ASU band program and instrumental ensembles.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Assist the Director of Bands in all aspects of the band program (including the marching band, concert ensembles, jazz band, and chamber ensembles) and teach undergraduate courses in related areas as determined by qualifications and institutional needs. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in high brass and/or percussion. All faculty are expected to participate fully in departmental and university affairs; this includes service on committees, academic advising, and student recruitment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with marching and concert band activities
- Assist in inventory control
- Assist in recruiting efforts
- Teach undergraduate courses in related areas as determined by qualifications and institutional needs.
- Serve on committees
QUALIFICATIONS: The applicant must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in music. Instrumental Music teaching on the secondary and/or university level is preferred. Earned doctorate in Music Education or Performance preferred for tenure-track position.
Licensing and Certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Band Rehearsal Techniques
- Band Arranging
- Marching Band Drill Design
- Inventory Control
- Student Management
I. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods
2. Occasional ability to lift, carry, and put away parcels weighing up to 50 pounds
3. Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job taking distance and speed into account
4. Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools
5. Normal endurance
|Postal Address:||Department of Human Resources
Alcorn State University
1000 ASU Drive #390
Alcorn State, MS 39096-7500
|Online App. Form:||http://www.alcorn.edu/offices/HR/formsbig.aspx?ekfrm=8349|