ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, EDWARD WATERS COLLEGE, JACKSONVILLE, FL
The Business Administration Department at Edward Waters College in Jacksonville, Florida, is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of an Assistant Professor in the Business Administration degree program.
Job Number: G12-034
Job Status: Full-Time
Job Category: Faculty
Start Date: Fall 2012
Examples of the Duties & Responsibilities
1. Qualifies to teach both lower and upper level courses, which may include, but not limited to Principles of Accounting I & II, Introduction to Business, Business Policy, Quantitative Analysis, Human Resources Management, Managerial Accounting, Business Law I & II, Principles of Economics I & II, Business Communication and Report Writing, Organizational Behavior and other business courses.
Emphasis in Accounting/Finance – Masters degree required.
2. Develops course syllabi, rubrics and lesson plans and teaches Business Ethics and Individual Values courses in an effort to fulfill the College’s mission and strategic goals in keeping with the College’s philosophy.
3. Serves as an academic advisor and on College wide committees as assigned.
4. Participates in grant writing and research.
5. Adheres to the College’s policies and procedures to maintain quality, equity and accountability in all College activities.
6. Attends all College and department faculty meetings.
7. Enters class attendance into IQWeb.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Possesses a Master’s degree in Business Administration majoring in Accounting & Finance, or Master’s in Business Administration with 18 or more graduate hours in business or business related fields. For accounting instructors, the applicant must have 18 or more graduate hours in accounting; Ph.D. preferred.
2. Possesses progressive teaching experience in an accredited institution of higher education with a strong commitment to student learning and development.
3. Models exceptional interpersonal communication skills and strong personal ethics.
4. Must be able to consistently demonstrate effectiveness in teaching, research, grantspersonship, faculty development, student recruitment and retention, community service, participation in campus activities and job performance.
5. Must be able to pass pre and post employment assessments, mandatory criminal background, credentialing and reference checks.
1. Student/Customer Service Orientation. Proactively develops student/customer relationships by making efforts to listen to and understand the student/customer (both internally and externally); anticipates and provides solutions to student/customer needs; gives high priority to student/customer satisfaction.
2. Impact. Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, shows an air of confidence.
3. Initiative. Makes active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
4. Integrity. Maintains and promotes social, ethical and institutional norms in conducting internal and external business activities.
5. Teamwork and Collaboration. Works effectively with teams, work groups or those outside formal line of authority (e.g. senior staff) to accomplish institutional goals; takes actions that respect the needs and contribution of others; contributes to and accepts the consensus; subordinates own objectives to the objective of the institution or team.
Be sure to mention Job Number G12-034 when you submit your letter of interest. ONLY APPLICANTS IDENTIFIED TO ADVANCE IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL BE CONTACTED DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF INQUIRIES THE COLLEGE RECEIVES ON A DAILY BASIS. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
|Contact:||Office of Human Resources and Administrative Services
Edward Waters College