POSITION: Executive Director
POSITION CODE: BCAT: 00300J
DEPARTMENT: Center for Advanced Logistics Management (CALM) (College of Business)
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 1, 2010 or until the position is filled
Emphasis will be placed on extensive professional corporate training in a logistics or supply chain management leadership position or comparable military experience as a commissioned officer at the rank of 03 or higher. This is a non-tenure-track position. A Ph.D. in operations and supply chain management or a related area is desirable but not required.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Develops corporate relationships, leads and actively manages student projects and internships with
Center corporate partners. Supports other Center activities, such as organizing and managing an
• Establishes a network of corporate and government internships, cooperative assignments, and
permanent employment opportunities for students, alumni and for faculty, as appropriate.
• Works with Center corporate partners to identify value creation opportunities for student projects
that will have specific assessment metrics.
• Elicits and organizes knowledge of current student skill sets and matches these with Center project
• Promotes Capstone exercises as an academic strategy to guide student project teams through
problem definition, issue identification, and development of project and work plans to prepare
students for real-world problem solving.
• Teaches effectively a broad range of potential supply chain and operations/logistics courses
• Provides effective leadership, promotional efforts, and daily management for a complex, dynamic
Center with a diverse set of stakeholders.
• Oversees the establishment of training seminars and certificate programs for non-traditional
• Promotes grants writing and applications for federal contracts among faculty
• Performs other duties, as required.
Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. In the event a degree is required, official transcripts will be necessary upon employment.