Instructional Counselor I – Quality Enhancement Plan
- Plan and conduct AWA/QEP seminars; develop and supervise content of supplemental instruction.
- Collaborate with course instructor and supplemental instructor to develop/obtain complementary student-centered instructional strategies, materials, and modules for students enrolled in QEP developmental and gateway courses; compile materials for reference.
- Develop working knowledge of computer aided instructional materials, Blackboard, and TutorTrac to assist students in the labs and tutorials.
- Monitor performance of supplemental instructors’ participation in project seminars.
- Assess and record student attendance and work at labs and tutorials.
- Write and submit weekly/biweekly student progress reports.
- Collaborate with QEP Team to develop strategies for addressing other psycho-social problems that may inhibit a student’s academic success.
- Assist with faculty referrals and study tables.
- Work flexible schedule to include possible evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- A.A, B.A., or B.S. in Math, English, Reading, Biology, or Chemistry or thirty, 200-level or above credit hours in the major or closely relevant field of study.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Teacher candidates and/or training and experience with developmental students or secondary teaching is desirable
- Other training and experience will be considered on a merit basis
|Postal Address:||Office of Human Resources
Kentucky State University
400 E. Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40601