This position oversees the operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multifaceted program/project typically consisting of a set of closely related subprograms or associated activities in the Department of Professional & Medical Education. Oversees fiscal, operational and administrative management of the program; seeks and develops outside funding sources, serves as principal point of representation and liaison with external constituencies on operational matters, and provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise. The program/project is usually focused to a single purpose; may be scientific, research, education, and/or service oriented, and is usually funded through contract/grant provisions.
- Manages and oversees the administrative and daily operations of a university program, ensuring compliance with university, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Designs and develops or assists with design and development of program(s) or project(s).
- Manages contract, grant, and/or state funding; approves and monitors budget expenditures; prepares budget revisions; provides interim status reports on all accounts; oversees, coordinates, and/or assists with proposal writing to develop additional funding.
- Provides technical and/or professional coordination and leadership in the execution of day-to-day program/project activities, as appropriate to program objectives and area of expertise.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.Develops annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the unit.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating unit.
- Oversees and/or coordinates the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data; develops, writes, and presents comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports.
- Assists in producing, developing, advertising, and marketing projects and products in various media such as print and video; may assist in developing teaching materials, handouts, news releases, pamphlets, and brochures.
- Assists in establishing and implementing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Collaborates with university departments, programs, projects, local and state school systems, and/or community organizations to consolidate resources and enhance programs.
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient operation of the program/project.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of contracts and grants preparation and management.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to provide technical coordination and management of development and/or implementation projects in area of expertise.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in the use of computers in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
Master’s degree (M.A.) from an accredited college or university with at least two (2) years of directly related management expertise in fiscal services and administration experience required. Supervisory experience required.
Job Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular