Vice-President for University Advancement
|Institution:||Florida Memorial University|
|Location:||Miami Gardens, FL|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Florida Memorial University, a private, historically black College and University (HBCU) located in Miami, Florida is seeking a Vice President for University Advancement. This position serves as the Chief Advancement Officer and is responsible to provide leadership and service to advance the financial growth and stability of the University. The Vice President for University Advancement will lead the way in developing short and long-term strategies within the mission of the University, and will provide leadership and oversight in all matters relating to fundraising. This position is a member of the President’s Cabinet. The Vice President for University Advancement provides oversight and administration of seven principal units which include corporate/foundation relations, annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, advancement services and alumni affairs.
SOME OF THE SPECIFIC GOALS TO BE ACHIEVED ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Establish, implement and oversee procedures for identifying, researching and cultivating prospective donors.
- Lead the cultivation and solicitation of donors and donor prospects, up to and including, the acknowledgement and stewardship of all gifts to the university.
- Establish and implement a viable annual fund, including the development and distribution of an annual report.
- Establish and implement a continuing program of donor acknowledgement, appreciation and recognition including all correspondence to donors.
- Develop and implement Division mission and objectives, and provide general support, as determined by the President, for the Board of Trustees in the area of development programs
- Regularly attends public functions with or in place of the president where a Florida Memorial University presence is necessary.
- In conjunction with the President, oversees all external relations for the University. Establish and implement a robust plan for alumni development and engagement, including but not limited to, regular communication plan and an affinity program.
SALARY: Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have a Master’s degree or doctorate is desirable from an accredited college/university and at least five years of progressively responsible administrative experience and a proven track record of successful fundraising. Interested candidates should submit: 1) a cover letter that includes a statement about the candidate’s qualifications for the position; 2) a curriculum vitae; and 3) a list of professional references and contact information to Valerie Williams, Director of Human Resources, Florida Memorial University, 15800 N.W 42 Avenue, Miami Gardens, FL 33054 or email to email@example.com. Consideration of completed applications begins immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The start date for the position is targeted for January, 2015.
|Postal Address:||Mrs.Valerie Williams, Director
Human Resources Management
Florida Memorial University
15800 NW 42 Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33054