Center Director for Distance Education and e-Learning
|Institution:||Alabama A&M University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||Negotiable USD Per Year|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and delivers technical and software training sessions and workshops.
- Works in a wide range of multimedia software including audio, video, web, animation, and photo to develop materials for online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
- Develops instructional web and media-based interactive learning objects (tutorials, demos, training modules).
- Maintains the Center’s web presence.
- Troubleshoots technical course design issues with faculty.
- Conducts research to identify potential applications for new and emerging instructional technologies.
- Participates on relevant university committees.
- Researches and identifying grant opportunities relevant to instruction, faculty support and online programs.
- Designs and developing print and web-based user documentation.
- Oversees the online Help Desk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
Doctoral degree in Instructional Technology and at least five (5) years of experience in higher education that includes experience in online learning and instructional design
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of instructional design principles
- Knowledge of online course development standards and procedures
- Knowledge of educational applications of social media
- Project management skills
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
Please submit the following documents online
- Employment Application
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript (if applicable)
|Contact:||Office of Human Resources
Alabama A&M University
|Online App. Form:||http://aamu.interviewexchange.com/jobsearchfrm.jsp|