ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MASS COMMUNICATIONS, EDWARD WATERS COLLEGE, JACKSONVILLE, FL
The Communications Department at Edward Waters College in Jacksonville, Florida, is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of an Assistant Professor in the Mass Communications degree program.
Job Number: G12-035
Job Status: Full-Time
Job Category: Faculty
Start Date: Fall 2012
Examples of the Duties & Responsibilities
1. Teaches undergraduate courses in Mass Communications in the areas of Broadcast, Print and Public Relations.
2. Plans and participates in departmental curriculum development, digital information program design and team teaching.
3. Demonstrates effective teaching strategies.
4. Advises students, mentors undergraduate research and internships.
5. Demonstrates strong support for the Mass Communications degree program.
6. Participates in professional service activities.
7. Contributes to the creative and intellectual atmosphere of the department and College.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Possesses a Master’s degree in Mass Communications with a strong background in the Broadcast area (i.e. Radio, TV, etc.) plus Print and Public Relations; Ph.D. preferred.
2. Possesses progressive teaching experience in an accredited institution of higher education with a strong commitment to student learning and development.
3. Experience in online journalism, digital news production and media convergence.
4. Models exceptional interpersonal communication skills and strong personal ethics.
5. Must be able to consistently demonstrate effectiveness in teaching, research, grantspersonship, faculty development, student recruitment and retention, community service, participation in campus activities and job performance.
6. Must be able to pass pre and post employment assessments, mandatory criminal background, credentialing and reference checks.
1. Student/Customer Service Orientation. Proactively develops student/customer relationships by making efforts to listen to and understand the student/customer (both internally and externally); anticipates and provides solutions to student/customer needs; gives high priority to student/customer satisfaction.
2. Impact. Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, shows an air of confidence.
3. Initiative. Makes active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
4. Integrity. Maintains and promotes social, ethical and institutional norms in conducting internal and external business activities.
5. Teamwork and Collaboration. Works effectively with teams, work groups or those outside formal line of authority (e.g. senior staff) to accomplish institutional goals; takes actions that respect the needs and contribution of others; contributes to and accepts the consensus; subordinates own objectives to the objective of the institution or team.
Be sure to mention Job Number G12-035 when you submit your letter of interest. ONLY APPLICANTS IDENTIFIED TO ADVANCE IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL BE CONTACTED DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF INQUIRIES THE COLLEGE RECEIVES ON A DAILY BASIS. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
|Contact:||Office of Human Resources and Administrative Services
Edward Waters College